Personal Lines Account Manager
Provides service to clients' changing insurance needs by selling and servicing property and casualty insurance.
Insurance Agent Job Duties:
(included but not limited to the following)
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings.
- Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information in agency management system.
- Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for coverage.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Provides continuing service by processing changes and policy applications.
- Reassessing client needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.**
Account Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Requires a general agent’s license.
Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Selling to Customer Needs, Client Relationships, People Skills, Product Knowledge, General Math Skills, Organization, Dependability, Statistical Analysis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,600.00 to $40,000.00 /year based on experience
- Insurance sales: 3 years (Required)
- Insurance License (Required)
- One location
- Ops Manager
- Customer service